Traditional Orthodontics – Fanwood, NJ
Straightening Smiles for Patients of All Ages
Has your teenager just learned it is time to receive braces in Fanwood? Often considered a familiar rite of passage for most teens, getting braces doesn’t and shouldn’t have to be a daunting or worrisome experience. Gone are the days of bulky metal and wires! Now, your teenager can enjoy the process of achieving straighter teeth with a solution that offers smaller brackets and wires, providing a much more subtle appearance. If you and your teen are ready to take the next step, contact our office and let Dr. Osman discuss your own personalized treatment plan.
Why Choose Scotch Plains Fanwood Dental Care for Traditional Orthodontics?
- Customized Treatment for All Ages
- More Subtle Appearance Than Bulky Braces
- Dependable and Affordable at Straightening Teeth
How Do Traditional Orthodontics Work?
If your child or teenager needs braces, the likeliness they’ll be able to receive treatment with Invisalign clear braces is slim. Why? Because young teeth have not finished growing, and in order to have successful treatment with Invisalign, teeth need to be mature enough. While this may be a let down for some teenagers, there’s another solution.
Today, appearance is everything, especially when it comes to a 15-year-old high school student. Luckily, there is an alternative to the bulky braces of the past. The braces of today offer a much more sleek and thinner appearance, keeping brackets and wires from sticking out too far.
Braces are composed of three main parts: brackets, wire, and elastic rubber bands. During your appointment, your dentist in Fanwood will place the brackets on your teeth using a special bonding agent. This will prevent them from easily falling off. Then, a wire is threaded through each bracket and snapped into place. This puts an even amount of pressure on your teeth to help them move into the right position. At some point, during your treatment, you may be required to wear rubber bands to help align your upper and lower jaw. Not all patients need them, but some do.
Who is a Good Candidate for Traditional Braces?
When it comes to determining who will benefit most from traditional braces, the answer is anyone of any age! While adults can opt for Invisalign, children, teenagers, and even adults can wear traditional braces and achieve long-lasting, beautiful results.
What Are the Benefits of Straighter Teeth?
If your teenager is struggling with the idea of having braces, explain the following benefits to having a straighter smile:
- Improved Self-Confidence: If your teen wants to hide their face all the time because of their smile, straighter teeth will give them the improved self-confidence and self-image they need.
- Improved Oral Health: Straighter teeth are easier to clean, making it harder for bacteria and food particles to become trapped.
- Prevents Periodontal Disease: If your teenager has a problem with inflamed gums, straighter teeth will make it easier to keep those pearly whites clean and reduce the chance of developing periodontal disease, otherwise known as gum disease.
- Helps with Wear and Tear: If it’s more of an issue with bite alignment than crooked teeth, a misaligned bite can wreak havoc on your teeth and the average wear and tear. By wearing braces, this can fix the problem.