Porcelain Veneers – Fanwood, NJ
Improving and Transforming Smiles
Tired of seeing a cracked, stained smile looking back at you each morning when you brush your teeth? If so, it’s time to talk to us at Scotch Plains Fanwood Dental Care about the possibility of receiving treatment with porcelain veneers in Fanwood! You can have a new and improved smile that hides all the imperfections existing on the surface of your teeth. Say goodbye to the stains and chips, and say hello to a perfectly aligned, straighter, more beautiful appearance! To get started, call us to schedule your appointment.
Why Choose Scotch Plains Fanwood Dental Care for Porcelain Veneers?
- A custom restoration for a transformed smile
- Knowledgeable and skilled dental professionals
- A smile that can last 10 years or longer
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin sheaths that cover the surface of your teeth. They are designed to hide a variety of cosmetic flaws, including:
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor misalignments
What is the Process for Getting Veneers?
A normal porcelain veneer treatment will take two visits to our office. At Scotch Plains Fanwood Dental Care, your cosmetic dentist in Fanwood will welcome you and ensure you are comfortable before we begin. After evaluating your oral and overall health, we will start by using a shade guide to determine the color of your new veneers. Next, we will determine which flaws need to be addressed and begin removing a small portion of the enamel from each tooth that will receive a veneer. This process is necessary to ensure the veneer lays flat against the natural tooth and the bonding agent properly adheres.
The next step is to take impressions of your teeth to provide the dental lab technicians with a blueprint to begin creating your customized veneers. Our team will make sure the technicians are provided the correct size, shape, and color, so you will have a smile you are proud to show off.
Once your permanent veneers are ready, you will return to our office and have them carefully put into place. It takes an artful and skilled hand to place each veneer, so with the help of special cement and a curing light, the bonding agent will harden, giving you a beautiful, fully transformed smile.
Benefits of Veneers
The reason so many people, even Hollywood’s elite, choose porcelain veneers is because of the many benefits they offer, some of which include:
- A natural look and feel. You can forget about having “chiclet teeth.”
- A low-maintenance solution
- Improved appearance
- A longer-lasting solution that can last 10 years or longer
- A procedure that is far less invasive than having dental crowns placed
- Versatility in covering the most unsightly cosmetic flaws
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are extremely versatile when it comes to hiding cosmetic flaws, which is one of the reasons it is a great solution for almost anyone looking to improve their smile. Before we sign off on your treatment, we’ll need to make sure you have good oral and overall health and that you will be dedicated to taking care of your veneers.
While it doesn’t take much to keep your new teeth intact, you’ll need to make sure you’re brushing, flossing, and rinsing regularly, and agreeing to maintain your six-month dental appointments. This time will allow us to check your veneers for any minor chips or problems.
Should you have gum disease or tooth decay prior to receiving veneers, you’ll need to treat those problems first. You don’t want to waste your money on a new smile if underlying issues exist. Take care of them first, then we can begin talking about your fully transformed smile.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
When deciding if veneers are right for you, it’s important to think about a number of factors. In addition to the dentist’s experience and the smile goals you are looking to achieve, you should also consider the cost of veneers in Fanwood. To help, we’re sharing a breakdown of the short and long-term costs as well as how you can make this sought-after cosmetic dental treatment affordable!
The Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is so much more than an investment in your smile. It’s an investment in YOU! Therefore, it’s essential to pick the treatment that will effectively address all of the dental flaws you’d like to correct. With this in mind, here are a few factors to consider when it comes to the price:
- Braces – Crooked, spaced-out, and otherwise misaligned teeth can take a toll on the appearance of your smile. Fortunately, braces can exert just enough pressure to safely guide them into a healthy position. The one downside is that the $5,000 to $6,000 you’re investing doesn’t address the shape or shade of your smile, often necessitating additional treatments.
- Teeth Whitening – Thanks to in-office and take-home whitening treatments with your dentist, you can leave everything from minor stains to pigmented dental discoloration in the past. However, the position and shape of your teeth will not be addressed in the process.
- Direct Bonding – Direct bonding is similar to veneers in that it can address multiple dental flaws – including cracks, chips, and stains – all at one time. Unfortunately, however, the results don’t have the same longevity as veneers, and getting this cosmetic treatment redone every few years adds up.
- Veneers – Although veneers in Fanwood have a higher upfront cost, the 10+ year lifespan and ability to correct misalignment, discoloration, misshaped teeth, and more make them priceless.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Since veneers aren’t considered “medically necessary,” they are rarely covered by dental insurance providers. Fortunately, we have another way to make this smile-transforming treatment affordable: our in-house dental savings plan. For one simple yearly fee, you can enjoy free preventive care and big discounts on cosmetic services. Plus, you won’t have to worry about annual maximums, annoying deductibles, and complicated forms! At your initial consultation, we will explain all of the perks of this money-saving option so you can get the dream smile you deserve without breaking the bank. Schedule an initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist in Fanwood to get started.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
Are you on the fence about getting porcelain veneers in Fanwood because you still have questions about the procedure? Our goal is to help you feel 100 percent comfortable and confident in getting porcelain veneers to transform your grin, which is why we’ve answered some common questions we receive from our patients below.
Are veneers permanent?
Porcelain veneers are considered a permanent procedure because they require a small portion of your natural tooth enamel to be removed. This part of the process allows the shells to flawlessly incorporate into your smile and lay flush with your surrounding teeth. It also keeps them from appearing bulky or uneven.
Will my veneers ever need to be replaced?
It’s true that porcelain veneers don’t last forever, and they will eventually need to be replaced. However, with the proper maintenance, they have been proven to last over 25 years. The best way to get the most out of your newly improved smile is to follow these tips along with any care instructions provided to you by our cosmetic dentist in Fanwood:
- Avoid stain-causing foods and drinks.
- Brush your teeth twice each day for two minutes.
- Floss at least once every day.
- Rinse with antibacterial mouthwash at least once each day.
- Visit our office every six months for your checkup and cleaning.
- Maintain a nutritious diet.
- Avoid foods that are excessively sticky, hard, and chewy.
Will getting porcelain veneers increase my risk of getting cavities?
Veneers in Fanwood are built to function identically to your natural teeth, which means that you can care for them in the same way. Just like with your home-grown pearly whites, if plaque, tartar, and harmful oral bacteria accumulate in your mouth, it can cause the formation of cavities and gum disease. If your natural teeth beneath your veneers are unhealthy, it can cause them to fail, which is why we emphasize the importance of good at-home dental hygiene to our patients who are looking into the procedure.
Is it true that porcelain veneers are stain-proof?
Dental porcelain is a non-porous material, unlike your natural tooth enamel, which is porous. This means that it can resist staining, although over time, it may become slightly discolored. All you have to do to avoid this is to steer clear of consuming excessive amounts of stain-causing goods, such as red wine, coffee, and soy sauce.
Will porcelain veneers look whiter than the rest of my teeth?
The color of your porcelain veneers can be customized to match the appearance of your surrounding natural teeth. That way, they blend in with the rest of your smile and don’t make it obvious that you have restorations. Some patients choose to whiten their teeth beforehand to achieve an overall brighter grin.